Before you get out on the roads in California, there are simple ways to avoid a DUI stop. The most common reasons for a California police officer to stop a vehicle are :
- Driving on or over the lane divider;
- Drifting into the other lane;
- Making a wide turn;
- Making an illegal turn;
- Weaving or swerving;
- Frequent braking, or inappropriate braking;
- Nearly missing an object, pedestrian, or another car;
- Driving over or under the speed limit;
- Driving at night with the headlights off;
- Failing to initiate a turn signal, or leaving the turn signal on;
- Stopping in the middle of the road;
- Following a car too closely;
- Accelerating or deaccelerating too quickly.
Being careful when you drive will significantly lower your chances of a DUI in California.
Category: DUI and DWI Laws For California
To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."