Here are some fun facts that all people should know about DUI in California.
1. If you are stopped by a police officer in San Francisco, for example, you can refuse to take the field sobriety tests. They're optional.
2. In the Bay Area, most car rental companies will not rent a car to you if you have a pending DUI.
3. If you are arrested in California for a DUI, and had a prior DUI in the last ten years, you will be charged with a second offense DUI.
4. If you are arrested for a DUI in California, you only have ten days to request a hearing before the Department of Motor Vehicles regarding your driver license. If you don't, then you will automatically lose your license.
5. In California, if you are arrested for DUI and your license is taken away, you will lose your license for ONE YEAR if you are under 21 years of age.
These fun facts show the importance of finding a DUI lawyer in the Bay Area who knows the laws inside and out.
More fun facts tomorrow.
Post a Comment to "California DUI Fun Facts"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."