You have been released from jail after being arrested for a DUI. You now want to hire a qualified San Francisco DUI attorney. Your main objective is to find an attorney to protect your rights, evaluate your case, and either get rid of the DUI charge or make sure any punishment that might result from a conviction is as light as possible.
To be sure you have the right DUI attorney in your corner be sure to ask the attorney a few questions:
· Does your DUI attorney handle a lot of DUI cases? The reason for this is that a lawyer who rarely handles DUIs will not be aware of and informed about DUI laws. You want your attorney to be up on the laws so he or she can protect you. Is the attorney familiar with individuals in the District Attorney’s Office or the San Francisco Police Department?
· Ask the potential DUI attorney if he or she personally will be handling your case or will another attorney in the firm with less experience handle your case.
· Ask the lawyer when and if he or she has DUI cases that resulted in favorable outcomes. This will help you to find out if your attorney could represent you effectively in a DUI trial, should that be necessary, or get you a good plea offer, in the alternative.
· Ask the DUI attorney specifics about what services he employs for expert toxicologists, DMV license specialists and other expert witnesses.
· Will your attorney visit the site where you were arrested? Will your attorney look at and examine the facts in your case?
· What does the attorney charge, and will there be other fees down the road, such as expert fees. The lower the fees, the higher the chances your attorney is not a highly qualified attorney.
· Find out if the attorney will be available to speak with you after you have paid a retainer fee. Can you contact the attorney by telephone, e-mail, or in person?
The sooner you call a DUI attorney, the quicker the attorney can start working on your behalf. Contacting an attorney immediately can potentially protect your driving privileges. Don’t delay.
Post a Comment to "Find a Qualified DUI Attorney in San Francisco"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."